· Bowie Elementary maintains a culture of high expectations, and has served many generations of neighborhood children. In 2014 the school continued to live up to its high expectations for student achievement by earning all 6 distinctions on the state of Texas STAAR exam as well as receive the Valley Morning Star “Readers’ Choice” award for best elementary school.
· The dedication of the Bowie Elementary staff members towards student success is unsurpassed. Teachers meet regularly in their grade level teams to discuss effective teaching strategies and stay up to date on the best educational practices.
· Bowie Elementary embraces the age of technology and recognizes the importance of producing tech savvy students. In addition to each classroom being provided with standard computer and multi-media resources, four classrooms have become “Digital Classrooms” providing even more student access to instructional technology.
· Bowie Elementary understands that all students learn differently, and integrate a wide range of intervention programs and supports. Bowie is also one of the few schools that continue to implement the H.O.S.T.S. reading program (Help One Student to Succeed) that is highly supported by mentors from the community.
· Bowie Elementary believes that students learn best through differentiated instruction and hands-on learning experiences. Science lab activities are implemented regularly and each grade level plants and maintains an outside shrub, flower, or vegetable garden.