Rules and proceduresBowie Library
******All students must return All books Every Week. ******
* When a student has a hiding book (lost) they may not check out any other books until they have returned all outstanding books.
* When a student suffers from chronically late books I will restrict them to only one book per week until they show more responsibility.
* When a student has a damaged book they may not check out any other books until they have paid for the book’s replacement.
Students may check out up to 4 books. Each teacher may make that decision for each student. For example, one reader may be responsible to read and return 4 books whereas another student can only read and return 2 each week. Teacher decides.
Teachers must communicate to each of their students—either on a bookmark or AR folder:
- How many books
- What reading level (please give range—for example: 2.0-2.9)
- What type of books each student should check out—Easy, chapter, or non-fiction
- If a student does not bring a reading range NO BOOKS will be checked out to the student
Students must bring their bookmark or AR folder to the library every time they want to check out books
Check-in and Check-out Procedures
CHECK-IN: books should be arranged in a stair-step stack (largest book on the bottom), Bowie barcode face-up and away from the child’s body so scanning can be done quickly for each student.
CHECK-OUT: books should be arranged in a stair-step stack (largest book on the bottom), Bowie barcode face-up and away from the child’s body so scanning can be done quickly for each student.
Entering Library Procedures
After their books have been checked in each second grade student is expected to go to the shelf and select their book(s). After they have selected their books, they proceed to CHECK-OUT.
Students should return to chairs and read until the entire class has checked out.
Exiting Library Procedures
Students will line up at the SOUTH door and wait quietly in line until their teacher picks them up.Students have been taught to “PUSH & GO” when exiting so the crash bar is only pushed in and released by the first person through the door.