Harlingen South is a proud charter of The National Technical Honor Society.
The mission of the National Technical Honor Society is to honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
South became a recognized National Technical Honor Society chapter in 1994. It is among 3,700 charter schools and colleges with more than 50,000 students enrolled in vocational and technical education each year.
To be inducted into The National Technical Honor Society, students are required to meet strict criteria and membership is by invitation only. Nominations occur during the 3rd quarter of the school year.
Nominees for membership must:
- Complete the NTHS Nominee Application by the deadline
- Sophomore or Junior status
- Maintain a GPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale
- Maintain an 80% in all CTE courses
- Have a 90% or above attendance record
- Complete a minimum of 2 CTE courses or currently enrolled in a second course
- Have a coherent sequence of courses in a CTE area
- Submit two CTE teacher recommendations using the *NTHS Teacher recommendation form
- Demonstrate critical workplace values, honesty, technical skills, teamwork, loyalty, initiative, leadership and commitment to personal and professional excellence
- Accepted nominees will pay the national dues of $25 and the following year's dues of $10 prior to induction in April
Once inducted, members are required to maintain the above criteria in addition to:
- Attend NTHS meetings regularly (3 absences allowed per school year)
- Participate fully in NTHS fundraisers
- Submit 10 hours non-NTHS Community Service each school year
- Complete a coherent sequence in a CTE endorsement
- Participate in NTHS Service Learning Projects
- Pay Annual Dues of $10
Member Benefits include:
- NTHS Scholarship Opportunities
- Letters of Recommendation
- Membership Recognition including a certificate of achievement, official NTHS diploma seal, membership pin, membership card, graduation tassel and window decal
- Important career and professional recognition by education business and industry
- Online career center access with resume tools and job connections
- Recruitment opportunities to top US Colleges and Corporations
- Member discounts for GEICO, STEM Premier and more.
Congratulations to all inductees into the National Technical Honor Society!
- National Technical Honor Society - https://www.nths.org/
- National Technical Honor Society Scholarship Page - https://www.nths.org/member-resources/scholarships-awards/scholarships-97.html
- Spring Community Service Donation List - Spring 2018 Community Service Project