•  
     
       Through The Years

    1998 1993 1st Lamar
     
    Lamar was built in 1955.  Bonham, Zavala and Milam were all originally built just like this plan about the same time. Notice that Lamar was originally called Mirabeau B. Lamar Elementary School.
    Through the years many additions and reconstructions were done to make Lamar the school it is today.
       
       The library was built in 1972 with a Federal grant.  It was dedicated as the Sarita W. Johnston Memorial Library May 28, 1975.  Mrs. Johnston was a longtime beloved teacher at Lamar. 
       In 1993, Scoggins Construction added on classrooms in front of the old entrance.  The bookroom, teacher lounge and media center were part of this construction. 
       In 1998, Peacock construction made the front entrance look like it is today.  They enclosed the walkways and renovated the cafeteria and stage.
       In 2002, the music room was added.