2017 -2018 Pre-AP/AP SUMMER READING LIST *Harlingen CISD requires middle and high school students who enroll in Pre-AP/AP English to read over the summer because it:
- allows teachers to begin literary discussions right away
- maintains English Language Arts skills over the summer when they read
- encourages students to be independent readers and life-long learners
- exposes students to literature they might not choose on their own
* Students are encouraged to purchase their own novels so that they may annotate them, but a limited number of novels are available for check out.