Apps for Artists:
- Sketchmee Lite HD--just pick an image from your photo library, and watch it being sketched into a beautiful piece of art.
- Art HD - Great Artists - Gallery & Quiz -- great artists and their masterpieces.
- 123D Sculpt -- Choose a shape from the library of creatures, humans, vehicles, and more. Then push, pull and paint to make the sculpture your own. When you are done, take snapshots in the camera room or create animated QuickTime turntable movies to upload to YouTube or email to friends. You can do all of this without getting your hands dirty!
- Concepts: Precision Sketching -- Concepts combines the expressiveness of artistic sketching with the precision of drafting into one simple, beautifully-made drawing app that helps you explore, capture and share ideas wherever inspiration strikes. Watch our video at http://youtu.be/VrPd6wDUWlY.
- Art Circles -- Take a spin through artCircles™ to discover a world of art images in a brand new way. Let your fingers wander as you whirl through wheels of art by colors, words, themes or curators—the artists, designers and tastemakers of our times—who share their unique perspectives on creativity and the art that inspires them. Each spin reveals new art that just may surprise you and change the way you see a painting or photograph. Then, shape and share your own collection. Who knows, your “favorites” circle could take someone else on a magical art journey.
- Paper by Fifty Three -- Paper is where ideas begin. It’s the easiest and most beautiful way to create on iPad. Capture your ideas as sketches, diagrams, illustrations, notes or drawings and share them across the web. Try it free—buy additional tools from the in-App Store.
- Creative Doodle -- is a unique drawing app for kids. It provides 5 themes, 50 pictures, each paired with a leading question and simple graphic cues. Kids can easily use their imagination and creativity to expand characters and scenes. The drawing screen and the whole process are automatically saved as a video. With the sound recording feature, the little artist can think aloud, make comments or tell stories while drawing. The saved video is a great way for parents or friends to follow the process of creation.
- Let's Learn How to Draw -- is a fun way to practice drawing without having to hunt around for a pen and paper. It's the perfect app if you've always wanted to learn to draw and its great fun for long-time artists interested in exploring a new canvas.
- SketchBook MobileX -- is a simple yet powerful app made specifically for the iPhone and iPod touch. It boasts 2500 percent zoom, 3 layers, and 5 preset brushes. Easily make art with SketchBook Mobile Express, then save it to your camera roll. This app has the same painting ability as SketchBook Pro, and while not as fancy as some of the other apps mentioned here, it will surely satisfy your artistic needs.
- Art Lite -- A little bit of inspiration can go a long way. Art Lite will get your creative juices flowing by presenting you with world renowned works of art. Instead of drawing or painting, feast your eyes upon over 700 pictures done by famous artists such as Vincent van Gogh or Leonardo da Vinci. Art Lite features 10 artists and their biographies courtesy of Wikipedia, able to be viewed and read offline. There are also quizzes to test your knowledge of historical art. If you want more, there is a full version available for 99 cents.
- ColorSchemer -- Need just a little more inspiration? ColorSchemer is perfect for those who want to play with different types of color palettes. Find combos that match with a built-in color wheel or take a palette right from an image. ColorSchemer currently has over 1 million palettes. There is a social community where you can share with others who have contributed as well. The LiveSchemes feature allows for tweaking of your palette while keeping the colors harmonious. No matter what type of art you prefer, there is a little something on this AppList to bring out the creative side in everyone.
- How to Draw -- Learn to draw with How to Draw! Like a personal art teacher, it will teach you how to draw cartoons, animals, nature, anime and other different images and create amazing pictures.
- Draw Free -- You don’t have to be an artist to enjoy Draw Free for iPad, the ultimate app for both professional and hobby painters to create beautiful drawings. Draw Free for iPad lets you bring ideas to life. It’s fun for both adults and kids alike.
- MoMA Art Lab -- Get creative and use the MoMA Art Lab app to make a sound composition, a shape poem, a group drawing, and more, then save and share your artwork (parental setting available). Explore how artists use line, shape, and color, discover artists' processes and inspirations, and create your own artwork inspired by MoMA's collection. Artists featured in the MoMA Art Lab app include Henri Matisse, Alexander Calder, Elizabeth Murray, and others.
Apps for Fashion Designers:
- Mango HD -- it really showcases a designer's collection.
- The Cut on the Runway -- offers the latest fashion news and exciting runway videos in a crisp, sharp interface.
- Women's Wear Daily -- Fashion is a business after all, and Women's Wear Daily is an essential publication for every person in the fashion industry. Keep up with fashion news, shows, and trends for women's and men's fashion.
- Jojos Fashion Show 2 Lite Game -- Return to the runway with Jojo and Rosalind in Jojos Fashion Show 2: Las Cruces. Make stylish outfits for male and female models as you showcase your fashion sense on runways from L.A. to Berlin. Then capture great looks in new fashion photo shoots. Your goal is to compete in a number of fashion shows, proving you have what it takes to move through the ranks.
- Fashion Sketchbook: The Stylish Dress Up Game -- is the perfect app for bringing your fashion vision alive.
- Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising -- keeps you current with daily updates on great careers, the next generation of tastemakers, and an up close look at some of the most important – and dazzling – garments in fashion history.
- Fashion 411 Podcasts -- Each week, Barbra Horowitz will give you some amazing inside tips from fashion designers, editors and stylists. But more importantly she'll share with you that aging, your body image and not having enough money is no reason to feel bad - let alone look bad. Get style, fashion and more within your budget constraints live every Friday at 1 PM Pacific time only on KarmaAir.com.
- Craftsy -- Craftsy offers video-based, interactive online classes for quilting, knitting, sewing, cake decorating, jewelry making, food, photography, gardening, and other passions. With over 500,000 class enrollments, Craftsy is the leading source for online education for crafters worldwide. And now the Craftsy App brings the Craftsy class experience to your iPad.
- Design Library -- Elevate your designs by getting to know the textile industry. Peek into some of the most extensive textile libraries in the world with Design Library. Browse beautiful design selections from all over the world (e.g. France, Japan, and Uzbekistan) and dates from the 1750s to 1990.
- Trendabl -- Share and discover fashion through Trendabl. Take a photo, add a filter and tag it with information such as the designer, store & color. You can also share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr!
- The Daily W -- Your daily dose of W magazine—featuring celebrity video interviews, exclusive fashion content, designer giveaways, beauty and travel advice, in-app shopping, and more—from the magazine’s editors, writers, and photographers worldwide.
- Style.com -- Style.com's iPhone and iPad application brings you the best of fashion—including ready-to-wear, menswear, and couture runway coverage from New York, Paris, Milan, and London—direct to your device, wherever you may be. Download now for the latest runway shows from fashion capitals around the world, automatically updated to display the most current season and shows. In addition to perusing every catwalk look, you can get up-to-the-moment party coverage worldwide as well as stream and watch Style.com's entire video library, from runway clips to designer and celebrity profiles.
- All Womens Talk -- From hair, makeup and fashion to love, lifestyle, celebrities, wellness and many more – All Women Stalk is the ultimate blog for ALL women, designed to help each girl discover the most fabulous version of her fantastic self!
- Pose -- Pose is the app where you can see and shop the looks shared by the world’s top trendsetters every day. Join the millions of people who are using Pose to see what to wear and how to wear it!
- Pinterest -- Pinterest is a tool to find your inspiration and share it with others. Use it to collect things you love, organize and plan important projects, and more.
- Glam -- Glam.com is the go to source for style savvy women who are looking to get the latest news, hottest trends, and updates from the most exclusive events in the worlds of Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, Entertainment and Luxury Travel.
- Fashion Star Boutique -- Express your creativity with Fashion Star Boutique, the game designed by top fashion experts for fashion lovers and inspired by runways around the world. Experience the latest in fashion trends and showcase your personal design style and flair. Fashion Star Boutique...Fun, Fabulous, Fashion!
- Fotopedia Heritage -- Unless you're an heiress, it's hard to jetset around the world interminably like a gypsy butterfly. However, as a designer, you are finding it difficult to get inspired when you're cooped up in your studio all day. Do yourself a favor and download Fotopedia Heritage. This app was created in cooperation with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre and compiles hundreds of high resolution photos from every corner of the globe. Bookmark favorite images, filter pictures by region or tag, or shuffle the entire collection of photos. If cultural heritage isn't your thing, Fotopedia also has apps for other locations.
- My Fashion Closet -- Use this app to make picking outfits more fun, easy and organized! Start by taking a picture of all the clothes in your closet including tops, skirts, pants, dresses and shoes. My Fashion Closet then organizes your clothes such that you can easily scroll through all your clothes while mixing and matching different pieces of clothing to find the perfect outfit. Once you finalize your outfit, you can share it with your friends and family to get their opinion on what you chose to wear.
- Fashion Network -- Covering runway fashion shows from New York, Paris, Milan, London, Los Angeles and Miami Fashion Weeks. models, hair & makeup, designer Interviews. Fashion Network™ International Fashion Channel 24/7.
- Tide Stain Brain -- When stains happen, Stain Brain gives you simple solutions on the spot. Blot or soak? Cold water or hot? Get the scoop on how to rid yourself of more than 85 different stains with on-the-go tips and easy, step-by-step washing instructions from the laundry pros at Tide. Search by category or view stains A to Z. You can even ask questions and get advice from fellow stain fighters in the community.
- Fashion Fix Lite -- Are you an undercover stylista? Here’s your chance to prove your fashion skills in 50 different levels that challenge you to create the perfect outfit for every situation! Based on the popular Roiworld.com, the Fashion Fix game brings all the Roiworld dress up game fun right to your iPad!
- Hairstyle Makeover -- Know before you go to the salon if you really want that new hairstyle. With Hairstyle Salon you can virtually try on a new style and see if you really would look better. Add a new hairstyle to any photo from your photo album or take a new photo using the built in camera.
- Fashion Design World -- Have your own Fashion Store! Create the clothes, put them on the stands, and try to sell them to your customers. Decorate your store to be cooler than others!
- Fashion Design Studio -- This is an amazing fashion app that lets you create, customize and share your very own designs. Upload a photo of your clothes or use a model image and personalize each item with text, gems, studs, patches and graphics. Even draw or cut your own clothes!
- Shoe Designer -- is the fashion enthusiasts' first opportunity to create shoes of their own genius, directly on their iPhone, pod, or pad!
- Laundry Guide -- Mysterious symbols on the textile care labels are no longer a problem! Laundry guide is your guide to easy clothes care! This application will help you to save money and time and your things will always look like new ones.
Apps for Filmmakers:
- Directr -- is the easiest way to make great video. Our unique storyboard-driven creation process helps you easily make great video you'll be excited to share.
Apps for Graphic Designers:
- Vector Illustrator -- is your Ultimate Vector Illustration App for your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. It supports Paths, Compound Paths, Text, Images, Groups, Masks, Gradient Fills, and an unlimited number of Layers. It was designed with performance in mind. It can easily handle Drawings with hundreds to thousands of shapes without bogging down. Export/Import your Drawings directly to/from your Dropbox, PC, MAC, and Send/Receive them Device-to-Device directly via AirDrop.
Apps for Journalists:
- Breaking News -- Find out first with Breaking News. Our custom news alerts put you in charge. Mute topics you don’t care for.
Apps for Musicians:
- NoteWorks Free -- is a musical game, designed to teach note recognition and improve sight reading skills. Hungry Munchy is eager to swallow elusive blue notes. Your goal is to help Munchy catch each note as quickly as possible.
Apps for Photographers:
- Camera Art FX -- your personal sketch artist will create instant works of art with a single tap. Each effect plays out in real-time in the camera preview which you can then saving as either picture or video.
- 360 Panorama -- takes stunning panoramas as you point your camera outward and spin in a circle. This amazing app stitches images together as you move, making a 360-degree photo, free of professional equipment or know-how. Easily share your 360 view on social media, by email, or on the web.
- Adobe Photoshop Express -- great all-around editing app.
- moreBeaute (Skin retouch) -- designed for use in portraits, to smooth and brighten complexions for a more youthful and beautiful look.
- The Guardian Eyewitness -- showcases the world’s most distinctive and provocative photographs, providing a daily, visual reflection of global events.
- PhotoPad -- is an easy to use, premium photo editing app.
- Studio Design -- This beautifully designed app is a photo app, but it is not just your standard run-of-the-mill photo editor. Studio Design combines a micro social network (you can make an account with just an email, but there is also Facebook Connect to make things easier) with the charm of being able to add fun designs to your images, and turning them into something completely different than what you started out with. It’s time to inspire others and be inspired yourself.
- PicCollage -- This allows you to create amazing collages using your photos, fun stickers, text with cool fonts and frames. Once you're done, share it to PicCollage, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Path. You can also email it or send a physical postcard anywhere in the world! Perfect for travel memories.
Apps for Public Speakers:
- Presenter Pro -- was created because of one reality: good presentations are stimulating presentations. They radiate. They breathe. They inspire. And they last. Imagine being able to produce and deliver earth-shattering presentations that endure and enable others to act. Whether you’re a corporate executive, manager, sales executive, trainer, or lawyer, this advanced presentation skills application will help you present ideas powerfully and persuasively.
- Public Speech - Recorder, Speech Timer, Overcome Fear of Speaking -- is designed to be a powerful, easy-to-use application for timing and recording speeches. It is a great training and monitoring tool for anyone giving a speech, whether it's in front of a few people or a crowd of millions. This is easy-to-use application designed to monitor speaking time, record, save and archive. It also contains a handy practice timing mode.
- Present Any Presentation in 10 Minutes or Less by Tony Jeary -- By downloading the "Prepare Any Presentation in 10 Minutes or Less" app, lack of preparation will no longer be an excuse for you! This app gives you access to a 30 minute video with all of Tony Jeary's best tips on how to produce an exceptional presentation - in less than 10 minutes! Accompanying the video is a sleek 23 page summary guide of all the points Tony covers in the video.
- Inspiring Any Audience by Tony Jeary -- gives you access to a 27-minute video in which Tony Jeary explains Seven Foundational Secrets that will help anyone achieve four things. He also unveils six common reasons that presentations bomb and how they can be avoided. The video is accompanied by a superb 27-page summary guide of all the points Tony covers in the video.
- Purpose Filled Presentations by Tony Jeary -- is written for pastors, teachers, small group leaders, greeters, staff members, as well as anyone interested in becoming better at personal evangelism. This Tapstack distills the book down to easy-to-follow tips that will help readers gain confidence, improve self-esteem, enhance credibility, and maximize response.
- Your Presentation IQ by Tony Jeary -- gives you access to a 27-minute video in which Tony Jeary guides you through the 20 questions, expounds upon the 20 presentation principles behind them and shares four levels of learning anyone must progress through to achieve Presentation Mastery™. The video is accompanied by a superb 27 page summary guide of all the points Tony covers in the video.
- 60 Presentation Tips -- will give you groundbreaking ideas and insights from proven presenters that will revolutionize your next public speaking engagement. Each tip comes from Scott Schwertly, Ethos3's CEO and presentation mentor to such organizations as Pepsico and the United States Air Force.
- Body Language Cues -- includes fun facts about gestures, expressions, and key motions that reveal what people are actually thinking. Whether it's to save your next date, or to help you make the next big sale use these body cues to understand more about each other.
Apps for TV Production:
- Color Effects -- create dramatic images by removing colors or changing them entirely.
- Film Editing News -- global editing news sent straight to you.
- FilMic Pro -- Filmic is a solid camera app that will bring out the best in your iPhone video camera. It includes a double reticule mode that independently controls focus and exposure settings, a maximum resolution of 1920x1080, FPS settings, as well as color bars, white balance and a slate option. The Super 35 matte option will give your film that cinematic wide screen look as well.
- Jason Brubaker's Filmmaking Stuff -- he is focused on helping YOU make, market and sell movies more easily by growing your fan base, building buzz and creating community around your title.
- Viddy -- is a simple way for anyone to capture, beautify, and share amazing videos with the world. Capture key moments of your life, instantly produce it into a beautiful video, and share it with those who matter most.
- Storyboards -- Creativity can't wait! Storyboards let's you create your movie's storyboard yourself. Without the need for any drawing ability. Thanks to the hundreds of characters and props included in the app, you'll be able to quickly compose the shots of your next movie, through an intuitive and feature-rich touch interface.
- iMotion HD -- iMotion HD is an intuitive and powerful time-lapse and stop-motion app for iOS. Take pictures, edit your movie and export HD 720p videos to your device or directly to Youtube.
- MovieSlate -- This professional film and video production tool is the easy way to log footage and take notes as you shoot— saving you valuable time later when capturing/editing, and creating reports. All at a mere fraction of a bulky digital clapperboard’s cost.
- Luma Camera -- Record and share beautiful HD videos with cinematic video stabilization, filters, color grading, and zoom. Change filters and stabilization after you've finished recording! Follow your friends to watch, like and comment on their videos.
- Vimeo -- The new Vimeo iPhone app is the fastest way to watch, create, and share Vimeo videos on the go. It’s totally reimagined to be awesome, sleeker, more beautiful, way more awesome, and also much, much awesome. The smarter, more intuitive design makes uploading, browsing, and sharing ridiculously easy.
Apps for Video Production:
- Cartoonastic -- adds amazing cartoon, sketch and art filters to your videos. Plus you can change video speed, add soundtracks and apply cartoon filters to your pictures. It's fun and creative.
- Animoto Video Maker -- Over 1 MILLION downloads! Turn your camera roll into beautiful, pro-quality videos. Choose your music and photos and share your amazing videos with everyone!
- ScreenChomp -- A simple doodling board, markers, and one-click sharing tools make spreading your ideas and know-how easy and fun! Just - Record It. Sketch It. Share It. - to create a sharable, replay-able video that tells your story clearly.
Apps for Writers:
- Evernote -- is the gold standard when it comes to getting things organized with your writing. Aside from the normal text entry fields, Evernote holds key features that make it essential to any iPad. Its search is superb, allowing you to find any note in seconds. It will even search words within photos that are pasted within notes. Full rich text support let you change fonts, add links, and copy data straight from the Internet with the formatting intact. Automatic syncing lets you access your note on another device or the Evernote website.
- Dragon Dictation -- Sometimes you want to sit back, close your eyes, and imagine the story in your head. Why not describe what you're seeing and get it down into your document? Dragon Dictation does just that, acting as your trusty assistant to take your words and get them down into text. The app is straightforward, taking your words and punctuation and working its magic. Everything spoken is uploaded to their servers and sent back to your device where you can copy and paste it into wherever you need the text to be. When typing isn't an option, using dictation can easily get your work done.
- Simplenote -- People are using Simplenote to keep notes, lists, ideas and more. Your notes automatically synchronize with your computer and all your devices. It's extremely easy to use. For those who want more power, you can also use tags, pins, versions, and sharing.
- EasyBib -- Just like our iPhone app, you can create accurate MLA, APA, and Chicago style citations in seconds by scanning a book bar code or by typing the name of a book. Build and manage your works cited list on the larger screen of the iPad. Once done, email your citations and then export your citations to EasyBib.com's popular bibliography management service.
- Comic Maker HD -- Design your own comic easily and quickly with various layouts, characters and much more...
- Poetreat -- is a poetry editor that suggests rhymes as you write. You will get the best available rhymes and see a syllable count for each line. Discover your inner poet and show off your poems to your friends with a fresh new design and colorful sharing buttons.