Education & Training K-5 Apps:
- Read Me Stories - Children's books -- help a child develop the habit of reading. Use our library to give a child a fun new educational and entertaining book every day.
- ABC Phonics Animals Free Lite - Talking & Spelling Alphabet Flashcards -- developed by parents, the app mimics and automates how they would go over each flash card with their own children, focusing in on the alphabet phonetics, spelling, reading, and sounds.
- abc PocketPhonics Lite: Letter sounds & writing + first words --
- Giraffe's Matching Zoo -- is a vibrant and exciting mind development game designed for children, but fun for all ages.
- Textropolis -- travel word-wide and build up your Textropolis by finding the words hidden in each city. Play through 30 different cities in this free-play word discovery game. Stumble across a new word? Textropolis includes definitions for every word in the game.
- Miss Spell's Class -- is an original word game that lets players test their spelling skills against the most commonly misspelled words on Dictionary.com. Players must quickly decide whether each of 20 words is spelled correctly or incorrectly, as speed and accuracy count to get to the top of the class!
- A Who Am I - Animal Game -- This inquisitive flash card like app will present clues and let you guess the correct animal, similar to a traditional "Who am I game". The app is designed to strengthen reading skills, memory, skills in associating pictures, words and sounds.
- Analogy -- we present analogy questions of different types. Levels have been carefully chosen. The picture based ones take geometry, spatial concepts and present to kids so that he/she can decipher the relationship between pictures. The word based ones have different kinds of relationships (sameness, or opposites or parent/child etc).
- Fast Finga -- is a fantastic, fast and easy handwriting application for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad.
- Math Machine -- turns maths into fun, by presenting the basics - from number sequences to times tables - as immersive games. Designed for use in the classroom and at home, The Math Machine reinforces everything your child is learning at school.
- Digital Passport for Kids -- Thanks to support from Time Warner Cable, Common Sense Media is proud to offer its award-winning game, Digital Passport™ for free this summer on the iTunes app store. Played by over 300,000 kids in schools across the US, Digital Passport is now available on your personal device. The games and videos inside teach kids aged 7-11 the essentials for staying safe and responsible online and on mobile devices. On Digital Passport, kids will find their favorite kinds of games and activities like platform games, tools for creating digital mashups, and other fast-paced gobble 'em up games, all geared toward teaching them important lessons about digital life.
Educational Materials Apps:
- Ruler -- With a single touch your iPhone or iPad turns into a top accurate ruler.
Health/Physical Fitness Apps:
- Nike Training Club -- Sign up to Nike Training Club to get your own personal trainer, anytime, anywhere. Get lean, toned and strong with more than 100 custom-built workouts. Take your goal further with all-new NikeFuel and calorie data. Unlock exclusive extra workouts from Rihanna’s personal trainer Ary Nuñez and professional athletes like Hope Solo, Serena Williams and Paula Radcliffe. Detailed instructions and audio support are on hand to help you perfect each of Nike Training Club’s dynamic drills. Choose a workout that fits your goal. Set it to your music, share your progress, earn your rewards. And just see the results.
- Constitution and Federalist Papers -- is the best way to learn about the Constitution of the United States. Not only does the app include the full text of the Constitution, the product also features an explanation of each and every clause, as well as commentary on each of the amendments. The complete text of all 85 of the Federalist papers in also included. Program users can will enjoy photos of the authentic Constitution document. Using the unique capabilities of the iPad/iPhone you can zoom in on any part of the actual Constitution. A brief history of the writing of the Constitution and the Federalist papers is also included. You can create a "favorites" section or even e-mail your "favorites" section to a friend. MultiEducator brings the experience it has gained from twenty years of developing American history products to help you learn about the Constitution on your Apple mobile device.
- European Exploration: Age of Discovery -- Explore the new world as a European power in the 15th Century by funding and sending expeditions out into the unknown. Hire captains, build ships and outfit voyages to learn of the wonders of the new world. Expeditions can be dangerous however, so be careful or else Europe may never hear of your discoveries!
- iAmerica -- Extra effort was made in developing iAmerica to make it the most comprehensive A to Z reference guide to the Presidents of the United States. And as an added bonus we include a handy White House website access guide.
- Today in History -- is the easiest/best way to get the history information you want when you want it.
- Ultimate World History for AP Exam -- study for the World History AP exam with the innovative exercises in this tool. Covers all the time periods and has unique functionality such as matching exercises, nearly 400 quiz questions in all major categories and a topic navigator on key world history concepts that you must know.
- U.S. Geography -- Learn your U.S. states, capitals, landforms, and landmarks as FAST as possible. Wish you knew your U.S. maps and capitals better? Brainscape helps you learn them FASTER than any other program, using the latest in cognitive science techniques.
- Formulas Free -- is the perfect study tool. It is a simple, easy to use, easy to navigate collection of the most important formulas and topics for high school and college students taking Calculus and Differential Equations.
- Fraction Factory -- use your math skills to place fractions into their correct positions on a number line. When the game begins, fraction gears will move across the screen on a conveyor belt. Use your finger and drag the fraction gear to where you think they should go on the number line at the top of the screen.
- Factor Samurai -- will reinforce the arithmetic principles of multiplication and division by continually challenging the player to remember which numbers can be factored into smaller values, and which ones can't.
- Number Line -- is an educational game app to help students learn about fractions, decimals, and percents by ordering equivalent fractions, decimals, and percents on a number line. The app features multiple levels where the player must drag circles with either a percent, decimal or fraction onto a number line in the correct sequence. A score is earned based on the time it takes to put all the circles in the correct order (faster is better), plus points for each correct placement, minus points for each error.
- Polar Sweep -- reinforces relationships between rectangular coordinates, polar coordinates, and basic trigonometry with a dynamic educational interface. Users can sweep through the circle to see changing values and helpful diagrams of right triangles for common angles.
- Math Ref Free -- is a free version of the great math reference application, Math Ref. This app gives you just a sample (over 600) of the over 1,400 helpful formulas, figures, tips, and examples that are included in the full version of Math Ref. So, if you're a student, teacher, or need math for work and want to try before you buy, this app is for you.
- Math -- Get the exact math help you need with your own personal math teacher! Browse or search YourTeacher's complete library of over 50 courses for elementary, middle, and high school math; community college and college math; and standardized test prep. Each course contains over 100 lessons, and each lesson features video examples, interactive practice, multiple-choice self-tests, a worksheet of extra problems, and more!
- Comfort Reader - 49 Classics -- Comfort Reader takes e-book reading to a whole new level by using the resources that an iPhone/iPod Touch has to offer. It's concept is to take as much work as possible from you while you read. It looks at the structure of the text and segments out for you phrases and pieces marked by punctuation characters. You read one piece at a time and don't get distracted by the rest of the page. It's like the author of the book is speaking directly to you: phrase for phrase, thought for thought. You decide how many words per minute you want to read. Comfort Reader waits the exact time you need before displaying the next piece automatically.
- Free Books - 23,469 Classics To Go -- unlocks a world of public domain content, allowing you to acquire the great books of human history. Letters of leaders, the collected works of geniuses, the finest Victorian novels, the plays of Shakespeare, the philosophy of Seneca and Marcus Aurelius, the autobiographies of Benjamin Franklin and Andrew Carnegie. It's all here, along with tens of thousands of other books. And all, might we belabor the point, absolutely free.
- Science Glossary--A glossary of scientific terms and short biographies that support our science education website, http://www.visionlearning.com. All definitions link to related terms and to free, detailed science learning modules. Though geared for high school and undergraduate student's using our website, the glossary and modules are appropriate for anyone generally interested in science.
- SkyView Free - Explore the Universe -- a feature-packed star gazing app.
- GoSkyWatch Planetarium -- Easily and quickly identify and locate stars, planets, constellations and more with a touch or by simply pointing to the sky. Have fun with family and friends discovering the images in the night sky. Go outside and explore the night sky.
- Molecules -- is an application for viewing three-dimensional renderings of molecules and manipulating them using your fingers. You can rotate the molecules by moving your finger across the display, zoom in or out by using two-finger pinch gestures, or pan the molecule by moving two fingers across the screen at once.
- Convert Units HD -- lets you create your own unit conversions for anything you want, quickly and easily. Convert Units for Free is an essential tool that you’ll love and use everyday. Over seven million users already do.
- GlobeConvert: Currency & Units Converter -- As simple as it is possible GlobeConvert easily converts to the co-ordinates you are used to any values of 80+ units of following types: Temperature, Pressure, Weight, Volume, Length, Time, Energy, Power, Speed and Area. Currency converter contains 190+ commonly and rarely used currencies and updates exchange rates online and on-the-fly.
- EMT PDE (Periodic Table) -- The EMD periodic table of the elements app provides detailed information, state-of-the-art functions and an appealing presentation. It offers high-school and university students as well as teachers or professors the opportunity to learn more about the chemical elements - from classification to element features to their history of discovery. The powerful multi-lingual app renders complex contents intuitively comprehensible: the well-structured and concise arrangement of groups and periods, details for every element, intelligent controls, and numerous selection options provide quick access to needed information.
- Planets -- 3D guide to the solar system for aspiring astronomers.
- Space Images -- Discover stunning images and videos of space, stars and planets -- including Earth and the sun! -- at your fingertips with the Space Images app from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a leader in robotic exploration of the solar system.
- VideoScience -- Science Class Experiments brought to you by Science House and featuring Science Teacher Dan Menelly, winner of the NSF Einstein Fellowship in Cyberinfrastructure! These videos are 2 to 3 minutes in length and demonstrate the steps of simple science experiments. The experiments are designed to inspire and excite kids of all ages, with very little set-up time and using only low cost materials. So whether you are a public school teacher, private school teacher, or home school teacher; we hope you use these videos and the many more on our website to ignite the scientific passion in your kids.
- Molecules -- is an application for viewing three-dimensional renderings of molecules and manipulating them using your fingers. You can rotate the molecules by moving your finger across the display, zoom in or out by using two-finger pinch gestures, or pan the molecule by moving two fingers across the screen at once. These structures can be viewed in both ball-and-stick and spacefilling visualization modes.
- Elements, Compounds, & Mixtures -- A perfect app for an integrated science, chemistry, or physical science course that is designed to engage students to explore the topic of elements, compounds and mixtures. It is designed to address the needs of all students in the topic. This app is for school use and requires an educational subscription for access to the content.
- Drama Games -- Essential resource for drama teachers and session leaders. 50 classic drama games with fully editable session planner and teaching tool-kit!
- Teaching Drama Magazine -- our spotlight on drama education. Teaching Drama magazine is ultimate resource for any theatre practitioner or teacher, offering features, practical advice and tips, lesson material, product and performance reviews, news and more.
- Dictionary.com -- includes nearly 2,000,000 words, definitions, synonyms and antonyms. It also features audio pronunciation, voice-to-text search and Dictionary.com’s popular Word of the Day and Hot Word blog.
- Dictionary -- is an easy to use, no fluff dictionary app for your iPhone. Helps you find words when you need to without getting in your way.
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary HD -- In addition to all the definitions from Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, the app offers voice search – to let you look up a word without having to spell it – along with an integrated thesaurus, example sentences, Word of the Day, Favorites, and more. It's a great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
Entertainment Learning Apps:
- 10,500 + Cool Facts -- What's a better way to waste your time than learning 10,513 new cool facts? Shake the iPhone/iPod to move to the next fact.Other
- 53,000+ Famous Quotes -- Become smarter and wiser every second by reading famous quotes from famous people.
- 55,000 Amazing Quotes -- the best and most comprehensive Quote collection to ever grace the App Store.
- PBS -- features more than 300 videos, including full-length episodes, segments and previews with new content updated daily.
- PBS Kids Video -- Watch videos from your favorite PBS KIDS television series anytime, anywhere (in the USA). “PBS KIDS Video for iPad” features more than 1,000 videos from over a dozen top PBS KIDS and PBS KIDS GO! television series, including Curious George, The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That, Dinosaur Train, SUPER WHY!, Sesame Street and Wild Kratts.