- Easy Books -- is ideal for small businesses and 'one man bands', this app allows you to keep track of all your accounts, including bank accounts, sales and purchase invoices, expenses, earnings and assets (including depreciation). For bank and credit card accounts, you can reconcile your statements in the app.
- QuickBooks Mobile -- Create invoices & get customer information on the go! (Subscription required)
- Cash Flows & Balance Sheet Game -- is a simple and fun app that helps you play financial simulation games and/or track your personal Assets, Liabilties, Income and Expenses.
- TaxCaster Mobile -- We make it easy to estimate how much you’re going to get back from Uncle Sam this year or how much you’ll owe.
- IRS2Go -- is an IRS-developed app designed to help taxpayers in several ways. The app lets taxpayers check on the status of their refund, sign up for helpful tax tips or get the most recent IRS Twitter feeds. Download IRS2Go, then connect with the IRS whenever you want, wherever you are.
- MyTaxRefund -- tracks your e-filed federal tax return and lets you know when you’ll get your money.
- The Fed -- It allows you access to a wide range of information from the Federal Reserve System Board of Governors and the 12 regional Reserve Banks. Easy-to-navigate and well-designed, the app opens with a map of the Federal Reserve System. Simply tap different areas of the map to get links to the latest news releases, research and data, speeches, videos, Congressional testimony and Tweets from each of the regional Reserve Banks or from Fed headquarters in Washington, D.C. This app is a must-have for anyone interested in the work of the nation's central bank.
- Infinite Banking Concept Game -- spans a four year period of time where five methods of financing a car are compared. Play the game to find out why you should challenge the system of conventional financing, and in doing so discover the ultimate financing solution. Only one financing method results in superior benefits.
Insurance Apps:myHome -- lets you quickly capture images, descriptions, bar codes and serial numbers of your prized possessions. The app organizes information room by room and even
- creates a back-up file for email sharing. It is great for determining how much insurance you really need and for filing a claim. For more information on this and other insurance concerns, go to http://www.InsureUonline.org.
Financial Literacy Apps:
- Financial Literacy -- is a quick, easy to use application which aims to help education individuals of all ages about different aspects of personal finance management. Four modules on money management, credit, insurance policies, and identity theft help inform while two short quizzes help reinforce ideas and gauge growth. Short lessons teach a great deal of basis information in a short period of time while also serving as a pocket guide on different aspects of financial literacy which can be used as a reference at any time.
- Financial Literacy Quiz --A brief quiz to determine your level of competency in various financial areas.
- Financial Football HD -- engaging, interactive game, designed to improve financial literacy. With Financial Football, you can test your money management skills by answering financial questions. Correct answers will allow you to move down the field and score touchdowns. Fast-paced, fun and challenging for all ages, the game has three levels of play and puts you at the center of the action — giving you the ultimate personal finance workout. Challenge yourself, your friends or your class. It’s available for to play on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or at the Practical Money Skills website. It’s not whether you win or lose. It’s what you learn when you play.
- CNBC Real-Time -- is the only free app that delivers Real-Time quotes before, during and after market hours (4am-8pm)...direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ, Real-Time & Historical Interactive Charts, offering custom timeframes from one day to 5 years, including pre & post market trading.
- Bloomberg -- bring the power of the most trusted source for financial information to your iPad, along with tools to help you analyze the world's markets.
Financial Calculator Apps:Practical Money Skills Calculator -- Visa brings you this comprehensive calculator suite as part of its ongoing effort to help students of all ages boost their financial literacy. Explore your own financial information in greater detail by using these powerful tools for forecasting and assessing your financial choices.
- XE Currency -- it features live currency rates, charts, and even stores the last updated rates, so it works when the Internet doesn't. This free and simple currency calculator has received millions of downloads, and has been featured by the BBC, the LA Times, CNN, and The Travel Channel!
- CalcsFree - Mortgage Calculator -- Two calculators in one app! Advanced analysis on the go. Unique features no other loan calculator offers. See impact of tax savings on your affordability. Extended amortization. Loan advise. Beautifully rendered graphs. Total costs allow you to make smart decisions.
- Simple Loan Calculator -- Enter the values and this calculator will figure the payment. The loan can be a mortgage, car loan, or any other simple interest amortization over a fixed time with fixed monthly payments. Also if you want to know how much can you afford, simply go for the affordable loan interface and enter the monthly payment, interest and number of years, the result will be the total affordable loan amount. Keep in mind, your monthly payment should be within a comfortable range of your monthly income, for example, 30%.
Stock Market Apps:
- E*TRADE Mobile Pro -- Trade anytime, anywhere: free streaming real-time quotes with integrated charts; breaking market news and commentary; easy stock trading with market, limit, and advanced orders; access to the same watch lists you set up online; and review your account, portfolio, and order details.
- iTrade -- is a realistic stock trading simulator. The only difference is you won't risk real money, even iTrade is FREE.
- Real-Time Stocks -- collects real-time stock quotes/charts from various sources. You can monitor multiple real-time quotes at once, not just one at a time like other financial apps. You can easily build multiple watch lists and quickly switch between them. Thoughtful features like multi-touch chart browsing are built to let you get quotes and charts with minimal taps and swipes.
- DailyFinance - Stock Quotes and Business News -- is the only free app with real-time quotes, tracking for multiple portfolios, customizable news from 3,000+ sources and professional-grade charting.
- CNBC Real Time -- The CNBC Real-Time app for iPad is a great free app to stay up to date with the market in real time. The app features live stock quotes and charts. CNBC Real-Time includes historical interactive charts and a playlist of all of your favorite stocks. The app also has all of the latest news and alerts from CNBC that relate to the stock market. It also helps you when the market is closed by providing pre-market data and post-market data and how different stories will impact the market in the future. CNBC Real-Time also includes over 150 news clips each and every day. These clips are taken from the television broadcasts that are done each day. The interface is fantastic. The app is so well done that many would gladly pay for it. If you are in need of a great app to keep your eye on the stock market, this is a simply great one.