- Grays Anatomy Student Edition -- complete text and illustrations; scrollable thumbnails of 1,247 illustrations, etc.
- Anatomy Pronunciations Lite -- is a simple application that will play back audio of the correct pronunciations of many of the anatomy terms you have trouble with.
- e-Anatomy -- is an atlas of human anatomy for physicians, radiologists, medical students and radiographers. Try before you buy: visualize more than 4,000 medical and anatomical images for free before purchasing the detailed anatomy atlas.
- Human Anatomy -- is a simple educational quick reference app that contains the information of fifteen different biological systems.
- Human Anatomy - Free -- An ideal application for students, children and others who would like to learn the names of various body parts, organs and other terminologies related to the human body. There is also an option to take tests on how far you are progressing with each lesson.
- Anatomy Body Facts -- gives you hundreds of fun, odd, weird & useful anatomy facts & trivia.
- Anatomy & Physiology II -- Dr. Allan Forsman provides his general education anatomy class lectures for students of anatomy across the nation and around the world. Dr. Forsman's podcast episodes are the most frequently downloaded episodes from the East Tennessee State University in iTunes U site.
- Body Scientific Charts -- view some of the most beautifully illustrated and educational anatomy images available. Each chart is zoomable, allowing you to get an up-close look at the human anatomy. Body Scientific charts aid in educating students and patients. Once available only on the doctors office walls, they are now available at your finger tips.
- 3D Brain -- use your touch screen to rotate and zoom around 29 interactive structures. Discover how each brain region functions, what happens when it is injured, and how it is involved in mental illness. Each detailed structure comes with information on functions, disorders, brain damage, case studies, and links to modern research.
- Brain Tutor 3D -- Explore the brain from the palm of your hand! Learn about the structure and function of the human brain by interacting with rotatable 3D models in real-time like you've never seen it before! Brain Tutor 3D uses rendered head and brain models that were created from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans. This allows to look "inside" the head using real-time slicing. For students, medical professional and everyone interested in the brain, the program contains information about major parcellation schemes of the cerebral cortex, including lobes, gyri, sulci and Brodmann areas.
- Essential Skeleton 3 -- Essential Skeleton 3 is a fully functional, self-contained app covering the essential anatomy of the skeleton. This app is being offered free to demonstrate the groundbreaking 3D technology and innovative design inherent in 3D4Medical's new range of apps.
- Bones, Joints & Muscles -- learn everything you want to know about your bones, joints & muscles.
- Speed Bones Lite (Quiz) -- how fast can you point to your Sacrum, Sternum or Ilium?? Speed Bones Lite is an addictive game that tests your knowledge of bones.
- BMI Tool -- is an in-depth weight management tool developed to assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of obesity. The tool features a BMI calculator that quickly gives accurate results in a few seconds. It also displays indications for pharmacotherapy and bariatric surgery, weight loss guidelines, a Basal Energy Expenditure Calculator using the Harris-Benedict Equation, and other useful information.
- 3D4Medical's Images -- has been designed specifically for the iPad to showcase the high quality images developed by 3D4Medical.com. It contains over 200 medical images that can be displayed for presentation purposes, saved as wallpaper or shared with friends/colleagues.
- iSurgeon Lite -- Have you ever thought about having plastic surgery? Ever wondered what you or your friends would look like with plastic surgery? Have you ever wanted to BE a plastic surgeon? Welcome to iSurgeon where you can "perform" plastic surgery on your friends and family right on your iPhone. iSurgeon is designed to allow users to simulate plastic surgery by easily modifying face and body features on their phone screen. Test your artistic eye and hone your ‘surgical’ skill… then share your work with the world. It’s easier (and funnier) than you think!
- X-rays -- Identify broken or fractured wrists, hands, ankles, teeth, arms, legs and skulls. Embedded nails, knives, implants, rods, replacements, tubes, defibrillators and other alien bodies. Abnormalities caused by disease or genetic heritage including deformed spine, hands with six fingers and feet with six toes.
- AHRZ ePSS -- The Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) is an application designed and developed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the Nation's lead Federal agency for research on health care quality, costs, outcomes and patient safety.
- Atlas of Pancreas Pathology -- The Atlas of Pancreas Pathology is comprised of three modules: an interactive teaching algorithm, a searchable image atlas, and an image-based quiz. Viewing multiple examples of the same entity or feature from this large, rich image atlas will strengthen your diagnostic skills.
- AR Liver Viewer -- is a real-time 3D medical education and patient communication tool, featuring incredibly detailed anatomical models. It is a member of a series of apps developed specifically for the iPad 2 and the New iPad by a team of anatomists, certified medical illustrators, animators, and programmers using actual human CT imaging data, and the most accurate 3D modeling technology available.
- Explore the Heart in 3D -- is a learning activity which provides an immersive learning experience. You can learn about the structure and functions of human heart along with various factors affecting the normal functioning of the heart. With supporting text information and audio, along with “rotation” and “pinch to zoom” interactivities on the heart, it makes it much easier to visualize the human heart and understand its functioning.
- Heart Sounds -- podcasts on various heart sounds.
- Living Lung -- Lung Viewer -- is a real-time 3D medical education and patient communication tool, featuring incredibly detailed anatomical respiratory models. It is a member of a series of apps developed specifically for the iPad by a team of anatomists, certified medical illustrators, animators, and programmers using actual human CT imaging data, and the most accurate 3D modeling technology available.
- Trauma Scenarios -- created by DD Surgical for the Department of Surgery at Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- iTriage -- helps you answer the questions: “What medical condition could I have?” and “Where should I go for treatment?” It also lets you save, easily access, and share the healthcare information most important to you.
- iFirstAid Lite -- Emergency First Aid assistant which includes essential First Aid topics.
- First Aid White Cross -- It is an easy to use application that will allow you to correctly handle an emergency situation. All the basic information you need for the correct handling of an emergency case is illustrated and shortly described.
- First Aid (Refresher) -- this guide, compiled in collaboration with the Johanniter Ambulance (the German sister organization of the St John ambulance), will help you to render first aid quickly and competently. The contents are, of course, in accordance with the newest first-aid guidelines.
- PocketCPR -- provides REAL-TIME feedback and instructions on CPR that empowers ANYONE to learn and practice CPR, so that they can be READY when seconds really count!!! The technology is the same as that used in PocketCPR, an FDA-cleared device, for actual rescue from sudden cardiac arrest.
Medical Resources Apps:
- Medical Encyclopedia -- comprehensive and free medical reference is from the University of Maryland Medical Center, one of the nation’s oldest academic medical centers. It contains more than 50,000 pages of in-depth and consumer friendly medical information in both English and Spanish.
- Medical Wizards Library -- is a collection of award winning medical reference guides and decision support tools for healthcare professionals across a wide range of specialties. It is an easy-to-use, customizable, application where you can build the perfect, personalized clinical resource.
- Taber's Medical Dictionary -- contains over 60,000 terms, 1,000 photos, and more than 600 Patient Care Statements, making it the most comprehensive health science dictionary available. Taber’s goes beyond in-depth definitions with nutrition and alternative therapy coverage, medical abbreviations, symbols and units of measurement, immunization schedules, nursing diagnoses, links to pronunciations, and more. This powerful app contains the information you need to answer critical questions at the bedside, in the classroom, at home, or in the office.
- Medscape -- from WebMD is the largest, most comprehensive, free medical app available for healthcare professionals: fast & comprehensive drug reference; powerful drug interaction checker; disease & condition reference and treatment guide; and so much more.
- Omnio: Your Personalized, All-in-One Clinical Resource -- Keeping up to date on medical information today is like drinking from a fire hose, with new information doubling every three to five years. Join the thousands of medical professionals who are downloading Omnio each week to filter out the noise and gain quick and easy access to important and relevant medical information.
- WebMd -- check your symptoms, access drug & treatment information, get first aid essentials, and check local health listings on the go or at home, from the most trusted brand in health information.
- 3D4's Medical Images -- this app has been designed specifically for the iPad to showcase the high quality images developed by 3D4Medical.com. It contains over 200 medical images that can be displayed for presentation purposes.
- Skyscape Medical Resources -- this app is used by more than 1 million healthcare professionals (HCPs) to access the medical resources they know and trust at the point of care. This valuable decision-support tool helps physicians, nurses, students and other HCPs find the right answers, right away.
- Dermatology A-Z - The American Academy of Dermatology introduces the Dermatology A to Z (TM) mobile application specifically designed to serve consumers looking for skin health information. The app will provide: Access to evidence-based, dermatologist-approved health care information for skin care and health; Expert insights on diseases affecting skin, hair, and nails, and the latest medical and cosmetic treatments; Real time UV Index based on the smartphone GPS system to assist in managing the medical dangers of ultraviolet radiation; and Links to Find A Dermatologist (TM) along with the smartphone GPS system for access to dermatologists in the area – while home or away.
- Health Tips 1000 -- gives you a rich collection of 1000+ interesting and useful health tips -- concisely written for quick and easy review.
- Find-A-Code -- the complete ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, ICD-9-CM, and ICD-9 v3 code sets in the palm of your hand. Including GEMs (General Equivalency Mappings) between ICD-10 and ICD-9.
- iPathways -- provides access to molecular maps constructed in CellDesigner™, compatible with SBML (Systems Biology Markup Language) and SBGN (Systems Biology Graphical Notation) standards.
- Instant Heart Rate -- See your every heart beat on the monitor like in ER rooms. Measure your heart rate instantly. Instant heart rate uses your iPhone's camera to detect pulse on your fingertip. A technique used by medical pulse oximeters now available on your iPhone.
- Cures A-Z -- health conditions ranging from A to Z and their treatments are presented in easy to understand language. Backed by thousands of research studies, it’s a powerful, practical, science-based health resource! Cures A-Z also teaches you about nutrition — vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, their benefits, and the recommended dose of each needed for optimal health.
- MedPage Today -- puts breaking medical news and CME/CE credits at your fingertips, with daily coverage of over 30 specialties and annual coverage of over 60 meetings and symposia.
- Eponyms -- brings a short description of more than 1,700 common and obscure medical eponyms (e.g., Rovsing's sign, Virchow's node) to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. A perfect tool to quickly look up the meaning of any eponym.
- Stress Check -- is a research-based stress test developed by clinical psychologists with expertise in Stress Management. This research-based assessment tool provides users with an overall stress score that illuminates their current level of stress. After receiving their overall score, users can deepen their insight by examining the specific areas their stress affects them (interpersonal, physiological, situational, control). All results are paired with useful descriptions and actionable recommendations. With this deeper level of insight, users can more effectively target and reduce high stress areas.
- Calculate (Medical Calculator) -- is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
- ABG -- is a multipurpose medical calculator. The three calculators include functionality to: 1) Analyse arterial blood gasses; 2) Output a recommended FIO2, given a determined pO2, FIO2 and a desired pO2; 3) Perform hemodynamic calculations utilizing the Fick principle; and 4) Determine drip rate from desired dosing for an infusion (or vice-versa).
- Epocrates -- Healthcare professionals worldwide use Epocrates routinely to: Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
; Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time; Select national and regional healthcare insurance formularies for drug coverage information; Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics;
Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR; and Access timely medical news and research information.
- New England Journal of Medicine -- The NEJM iPad Edition is a rich issue experience that combines all content from the New England Journal of Medicine in print with key multimedia and unique features in an integrated, easy-to-navigate format. It’s your day-to-day resource for trusted NEJM content. The app is free to download and all users can view a fully functional free issue and read Online First articles. Individual subscribers to NEJM and NEJM.org enjoy FREE access to iPad Edition issues associated with the term of their subscription.
- Nursing Central -- helps nurses and students find detailed information on diseases, tests, drugs, and procedures. The moment a question arises you can consult the automatically updating database of 5,000 drugs, find a definition in the dictionary with more than 60,000 entries, interpret hundreds of lab and diagnostic tests, and consult the latest disease information. You can also keep up with your favorite nursing journals with tables of contents, citations, and abstracts delivered directly to your device.
- Prognosis: Your Diagnosis - A Clinical Case Simulation Game for Doctors, Nurses, & Medical Students -- lets you investigate, deduce and diagnose complex clinical cases within minutes with our fun, interactive cartoon-style narrative.
- STAT ICD-9 Lite -- all 13,677 ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes are now available in your pocket for quick retrieval by disease classification in a drilldown format with no typing. Code to the highest level of specificity every time.
- Blood Pressure Monitor - Family Lite -- keeps track of your important health stats, including blood pressure, weight, and heart beat rate, right on your iPhone or iPod touch. It is one of the best health tracking apps with lifetime data visualization, now for free with features hard to find anywhere else.
- Happy Nurse -- Begin by creating your customized nurse avatar, then in a race against the clock maneuver your avatar through an obstacle course set in a variety of relevant nursing settings, and do your best to avoid all obstacles in your path.
- UpToDate -- Find clinical answers at the point of care or anywhere you need them! Now you can access UpToDate's® current, synthesized clinical information — including evidence-based recommendations — quickly and easily.
- 3M Littmann SoundBuilder -- is a learning tool designed to help improve the auscultation skills of students and practicing clinicians. There are 14 unique lessons - based upon key heart sounds - that combine text, a virtual mannequin, 3D cardiac animation and dynamic waveforms.
- Surgery & Transplantation -- discusses the most important topics in surgery and organ transplantation and is ideal for all medical professionals, medical residents and interns, nurses, medical students, and of course curious lay people who just want to learn more about surgery and organ transplantation.
- NCLEX Review -- Don't know where to begin for the NCLEX exam? Tired of carrying books everywhere you go? NCLEX Exam Review is a comprehensive flashcard review app for the National Council Licensure Examination (Registered Nurse) - with over 1,350 detailed flashcards to help you prepare.
- iStethoscope Expert -- With iStethoscope Expert, you can use your iPhone to listen to heart sounds, bowel sounds, lung sounds, and heart valve sounds. You can save and record the heart sound wave tracing.
- Diagnosaurus DDx --This quick-reference tool helps healthcare professionals perform differential diagnosis with speed and confidence at the point of care. With Diagnosaurus you can quickly search over 1,000 diagnoses by organ system, symptom, or disease, or you can view all entries. Use the valuable “See Related DDx” feature within each entry to consider alternative diagnoses and quickly link to those entries. The convenient “Favorites” feature allows you to save specific searches and bookmark in your personal archive.
- iPharmacy -- an essential medication guide of 20,000 drugs for consumers & professionals.
- Davis's Drug Guide -- delivers up-to-date, comprehensive, and practical information on over 5,000 trade name and generic drugs.
- Pill Identifier Lite -- is a searchable database which includes more than 10,000 Rx/OTC medications found in the U.S. Features “search as you type” functionality.
- Pharmacy Times -- offers relevant, clinical information for pharmacists that they can use in their daily practice, covering a wide range of topics. These include OTC and Rx product news, key articles on disease conditions, patient education guides, drug diversion and abuse, coagulation counseling, legal issues, and pharmacy trends and news.
- Pharmacy Today -- is the monthly medication therapy management (MTM) magazine of the American Pharmacists Association, offering readers profiles of practices that employ unique MTM techniques to effectively serve their patients. Readers can use these profiles as models to develop and improve their own MTM practice, increase patient adherence, and build patient loyalty.
Understanding Diseases Apps:
- CDC -- The CDC Mobile application puts health information at your fingertips. It features important health articles, disease of the week, popular journals, timely updates, and access to social media. Wherever you go, you’ll have 24/7 access to important and timely health information that you can use to protect yourself and your loved ones.
- Drug Addiction -- discusses the most important topics in drug abuse and addiction and is ideal for all medical professionals, medical residents and interns, nurses, medical students, and of course curious lay people who just want to learn more about drug abuse and addiction.
- Human Diseases -- infectious diseases can be fatal. This app helps to see the different types of infectious diseases and their subtypes.
- Infectious Diseases -- discusses the most important topics in infectious diseases and is ideal for all medical professionals, medical residents and interns, nurses, medical students, and of course curious lay people who just want to learn more about infectious diseases.
- Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice -- is the trusted, interdisciplinary resource for medical professionals seeking an infectious diseases journal with true clinical value. Here, clinicians can get full coverage consolidated into one resource, with pertinent new developments presented in a way that makes them easy to apply to patient care. From HIV care delivery to Hepatitis C virus testing…travel and tropical medicine…and infection surveillance, prevention, and control, Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice delivers the vital information needed to optimally prevent and treat infectious diseases.
- Infectious Disease Compendium: A Persiflager's Guide -- Over 600 pages of information on antibiotics, organisms and diseases. Intended as a quick reference for non-infectious disease practitioners. Updated monthly from the literature. References link to Pubmed or primary sources.
- IDdx: Infectious Disease Queries -- Users can find lists of matching infectious diseases by picking disease search criteria (103 signs & symptoms, 39 epidemiological factors, and 16 regions of the world). The user can see all the symptoms associated with a disease or see all the diseases associated with a symptom.
- Solve the Outbreak -- Get clues, analyze data, solve the scenario, and save lives! In this fun app, you get to be the Disease Detective. Do you quarantine the village? Interview people who are sick? Run more lab tests? The better your answers, the higher your score - and the more quickly you’ll save lives. You’ll start out as a Trainee and can earn badges by solving scenarios, with the goal of earning the top rank: Disease Detective. New outbreaks happen every day, and CDC's Disease Detectives are on the front lines, working 24/7 to save lives and protect people. When a new outbreak happens, Disease Detectives are sent in to figure out how the outbreak started before it spreads further.
- Understanding Diseases -- With this application, physicians can download Focus Medica’s animated videos on various diseases and conditions.
The animations in this application simplify medical and health information as visual media is particularly well suited to the science of medicine. They take the viewer on a virtual tour of the human system through extremely accurate and high quality animation to effortlessly understand chronic illness and diseases, therapies, procedures or techniques. Created with the expertise and support of internationally reputed opinion leaders, these incredible animation videos accompanied by audio make it easier to perceive and understand the cellular world, metabolism, and body functions.
These visual aids for medical education excel in depicting intricate medical concepts that are difficult to explain using traditional visual media. With added features of drawing over the image for explanations, to take snapshots and share.