Human Services iPad Apps
Child Development Apps:
- Sound Touch Lite -- this app allows toddlers to tap into 180 SOUNDS & IMAGES OF: animals, birds, vehicles, musical instruments and household (Coming Soon: Nature).
- MyLearn -- The Perfect Foundation for Pre-School Learning and Development. The early years of a child’s life are crucial for his or her development and children progress at their own pace, learning numerous skills at different stages. The My Learning Table was developed and designed with the purpose of accelerating knowledge; to fine tune motor skills with receptive learning while taking advantage of the vibrant rich bright colors of the iPad through the MyLearn App.
- Baby Sign and Learn -- Inspire your baby to sign! Recommended by speech therapists, the adorable Baby Sign and Learn animated characters make signing so much fun! One of the most fundamental human desires is to be understood - help your baby communicate by teaching her baby sign language. The Baby Sign and Learn app features cute animated video demonstrations that will captive your child. Practice by playing the fun interactive quiz and inspire your baby to sign with the aid of the colorful flashcards.
- Baby Sign ASL -- This app has over 200 American Sign Language baby signs. It is a great reference for parents who want to connect and communicate with their child at a very young age. On average, babies who learn to sign know 50 more words by the age of two than babies who never learn to sign.
- Understanding Child Development for 0-6 Years -- This is a free resource for social workers, early year’s workers and parents. It is designed to ensure that social workers, those who work in early years and other professionals in child care have instant access to high quality information on child developmental norms relevant to the 0-6 year’s age group.
- Sleep Baby Sleep -- This is a FREE app to help your baby fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Simple one-click design to select and start a white noise that will gently lull your precious one to sleep. Made especially for busy parents by a busy parent.
- My Baby and Me -- This is a basic baby development tracking app that tracks baby's height, weight, feeding, sleeping and diaper changes. It can also turn your baby's special moments into a personalized movie which can be shared with friends and family on Facebook. Although there are far more comprehensive baby tracking apps available, this one's completely free.
- Baby Flash Cards -- This app features over 450 high quality images with text and voiceovers. There are additional real sounds where applicable (such as a lion's roar or an ambulance siren) to enhance visual and auditory learning and memory simultaneously. Parents have the option to turn voiceovers off during parent-child learning session and turn voiceovers on when the child is self-learning. They can enable Question Mode to display 4 images and ask the child to click on the right answer. Complexity of words is perfect for ages 1 to 4 so two or more young siblings can play together and even teach each other!
- Toddler Flash Cards -- Building strong English vocabulary has never been so exciting for children. Genius Baby Flash Cards features over 450 high quality images with text and voiceovers. Parents have the option to turn voiceovers off during parent-child learning session and turn voiceovers on when the child is self-learning. Built in Memory-recognition Game with 3 levels of difficulty takes interactive & fun learning to another level!
Consumer Services Apps:
- Consumer Recalls -- is an application that keeps you updated on all the most recent product recalls. See product images, descriptions, company information and other important details to track and learn about the recalled products. In one place, you can track recalls from 5 U.S. Government Agencies: Food and Drug Administration (F.D.A.); Consumer Product Safety Organization (C.P.S.C); United Stated Department of Agriculture (U.S.D.A); Environmental Protection Agency (E.P.A); National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (N.H.T.S.A)
- RedLaser -- Never overpay again – RedLaser helps you find the best prices, coupons, and deals for all your favorite products and stores, online and locally.
- ShopSavvy -- This app is making shopping simpler, easier and more fun than ever before! With a super sleek design and more merchants and products than any other app, ShopSavvy can help you find the best and local prices, reliable product info, and allow to shop anywhere you want. Be the first to see cool products from your friends and other shoppers by following them and their lists, or be a shopping superstar by creating lists of your own for other users to follow.
- Counting Money -- This is an app designed to help people of all ages count money. Counting Money can also be used as a brain training exercise for adults and any one else looking to improve their skills at counting money. There are two game play types. In practice mode the user must answer the question correctly in order to proceed to the next question.The user presses the check button after each attempt to check the answer. In quiz mode the user has one opportunity to answer the question correctly. There are two difficulty types, beginner and normal. You use four coin buttons to add to the tally.
- ChoiceMaker -- This app helps you make a decision when you are not sure what to do or when you want to tempt your fate.
Mental Health Apps:
- Fluid Monkey -- Relax as you enjoy interacting with incredibly smooth and responsive pools of liquid. Use all ten fingers to smear paint, jiggle gelatin, or fling brightly-colored balls through puddles of mud.
Social Work Apps:
- GPS for the Soul -- PS for the Soul is a killer app for better living. The app is based on two truths: that we all have within us a centered place of harmony and balance, and that we all veer away from that place again and again. GPS for the Soul measures your heart rate and heart rate variability, which taken together are a proxy for stress, and then connects you with the things that help you course-correct -- from music and poetry to breathing exercises and pictures of your loved ones.
- The Social Express -- The Social Express™ is engaging, educational software for children and young adults with social learning challenges. The software is designed to teach users how to think about and manage social situations, helping them to develop meaningful social relationships and succeed in life.
- One Love Lite -- Everyone deserves to be safe and healthy in their relationship, including when a relationship ends. Sometimes it can be hard to determine whether you are experiencing the typical ups and downs of relationship stress and conflict, or whether you are experiencing an abusive relationship that puts you at risk. This app is designed to aid you to seek professional assistance if you feel you are at risk of being involved in a detrimental relationship with your current partner or an ex-partner. After answering questions about your relationship you will be provided with a score. The score is based on years of research that identified which risk factors are most common when abusive relationships lead to detrimental outcomes. We cannot predict what will happen in your case, but we would like you to be aware of the danger of abuse in potentially unhealthy situations that could impact your overall well-being.
- SuperBetter -- SuperBetter isn’t a game. It’s just an awesome tool created by game designers who take the best of games and apply it to your real life so you can get stronger, happier, and healthier.
- Psychological First Aid -- PFA Mobile was designed to assist responders who provide psychological first aid (PFA) to adults, families, and children as part of an organized response effort. This app provides responders with summaries of PFA fundamentals, PFA interventions matched to specific concerns and needs of survivors, mentor tips for applying PFA in the field, a self-assessment tool for readiness to conduct PFA, and a survivors' needs form for simplified data collection and easy referral. PFA Mobile was created by VA's National Center for PTSD in partnership with the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) and DoD's National Center for Telehealth & Technology.
- Breathe2Relax -- Breathe2Relax is a portable stress management tool which provides detailed information on the effects of stress on the body and instructions and practice exercises to help users learn the stress management skill called diaphragmatic breathing.Breathing exercises have been documented to decrease the body’s ‘fight-or-flight’ (stress) response, and help with mood stabilization, anger control, and anxiety management. Breathe2Relax can be used as a stand-alone stress reduction tool, or can be used in tandem with clinical care directed by a healthcare worker.
- Circle of 6 -- With Circle of 6 you have a new way to connect with your most trusted friends- to stay close, stay safe and prevent violence before it happens! It's the mobile way to look out for your friends - on campus or when you're out for the night. Circle of 6 lets you choose six trusted friends to add to your circle. If you get into an uncomfortable or risky situation, use Circle of 6 to automatically send your circle a pre-programmed SMS alert message, with your exact location. It’s quick. It’s discreet. Two taps on your iPhone is all it takes.
· AHRQ ePSS -- The Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) is an application designed and developed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the Nation's lead Federal agency for research on health care quality, costs, outcomes and patient safety. The ePSS application was developed to assist primary care clinicians identify the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for their patients. The ePSS information is based on the current recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and can be searched by specific patient characteristics, such as age, sex, and selected behavioral risk factors. The ePSS is available as a web application and mobile applications.