Hospitality & Tourism iPad Apps
- Tiny Chef -- Design and run your own restaurant in this cute, fun game! Cook food and watch your waiters serve it! Customers bustle around your restaurant, finding their seats, eating their food, and tipping! Make your restaurant as popular and beautiful as you can. The better your restaurant is, the more you earn!
- Top Chef University -- With the Top Chef University iPad app you will learn professional cooking techniques and food preparation methods beyond just recipes from 11 of the most successful Top Chef chef’testants. The app downloads with access to 28 lesson videos to get you started. The entire Top Chef University culinary program is made up of over 200 individual lessons organized into 20 distinct courses. Overall, the entire program contains more than 60 hours of instructional video. Purchase individual lessons, entire courses or the whole university on-demand from within the app. Prior to making a purchase you can preview all lessons and courses.
- Evernote Food -- lets you capture, share and relive your memorable meals. Whether you're eating at home, at a restaurant, or embarking on a culinary adventure, use Evernote Food to remember all of your delicious experiences.
- Recipe, Menu, & Cooking Planner -- Pepperplate is the only app for serious cooks - it has all the tools you need to cook weeknight dinners or host a dinner party for 12. Manage your recipes, create menus, shop with ease and cook like a pro.
- Cook's Companion -- This elegantly designed app from award winning Futura Group, features a range of tools including a measurement converter, kitchen timer, an ingredients compendium and a glossary of culinary terms.
- Cooking Academy -- Grab your oven mitts and don your chef`s hat! Cooking Academy is the game that places you in the kitchens of a prestigious culinary school! From eggrolls to pancakes, to crème brulee, it`s up to you to prepare over 50 different recipes! Learn interesting trivia about food while mastering the skills of chopping, kneading, mashing, flipping, frying, and much more! Unlock new recipes and trophies by passing your cooking courses and exams. Are you ready to be a Master Chef?
Food & Nutrition Apps:
- Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List -- filled with over 30,000 recipes.
- The Betty Crocker Cookbook -- most beautiful and well-designed cookbook apps.
- Healthy Recipes -- features hundreds of recipes for low-calorie desserts.
- BigOven -- 170,000+ recipes
- Food and Nutrition -- discusses the most important topics in food and nutrition and is ideal for all medical professionals, medical residents and interns, nurses, medical students, and of course curious lay people who just want to learn more about food and nutrition.
- RecipeGrazer -- free social recipe website with over 400,000 recipes posted and rated by our members - one of the largest and fastest growing recipe collections in the world.
- Whole Foods Market Recipes -- search for recipes featuring the finest natural and organic foods. You can search recipes by ingredients and dietary preferences such as gluten-free, low fat, and vegetarian/vegan.
- Vitamins & Minerals -- Want to learn about essential vitamins & minerals, what they do & their food sources?
- Carb Master Free -- is one of the simplest and most accurate apps to track carbohydrate as well as other nutrition. Whether you’re on low-carb diets or diabetics, this app will help you keep your carbs under control.
- Diabetes Companion -- is the most comprehensive diabetes mobile application and your ultimate diabetes partner. Backed by the resources of the #1 diabetes website, the dLife Diabetes Companion offers you access to the most essential tools you’ll need to manage your diabetes on the go. Watch videos from the award winning dLifeTV show, get expert answers to your questions, look up foods and healthy diabetes-friendly recipes, and track and manage your blood glucose levels any time, anywhere.
- Grocery IQ -- includes all the features you’d expect from an intuitive and powerful shopping list application. Build new shopping lists quickly by simply scanning the barcode for any product or using the predictive search feature. Share your lists with others by using the new List Sharing feature. Never buy the wrong item again.
- Pocket Dietitian -- It offers a personalized, easy to use, dietary prescription based on the expertise of a registered dietitian and a board-certified nephrologist (kidney doctor - nephrology is the study of kidneys). It is specifically designed to help people with health conditions such as Diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), Hypertension (high blood pressure), High Cholesterol, and Obesity.
- Elements of Nutrition -- Do you know what type of food you need to eat to help you see in the dark or help your body build strong bones and teeth? Play Elements of Nutrition for free to find out! Collect as much healthy food as you can whilst avoiding the unhealthy snacks, in this fast-paced, fun and educational game for ages 6-12 years!
- iSmoothie Free -- This app provides tons of smoothie recipes.
- Kitchen Helper -- This handy app contains hundreds of ingredient substitutions that let you skip the mad dash to the store. A must-have for foodies and busy cooks alike, the Kitchen Helper app comes with a built-in a quantity adjuster that makes it easy to scale your recipe up to feed any crowd. Expect additional cooking and baking ingredients and functionality in future updates to Merillat's Kitchen Helper.
- Farmstand -- This app empowers you to eat local making it easy to find farmers’ markets, community gardens, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) information, restaurants and events that serve local food.
- CalCutter -- The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has developed an app for cooks from all walks of life. CalCutter allows you to enter your own recipe and intended number of servings. CalCutter will then calculate the estimated calories per serving. You can ask CalCutter to convert your recipe into a healthier dish by suggesting changes that could lower the calories. Recipes can be saved and emailed.
- My Nutrition -- This app was created in order to make eating healthy easier. Rather than relying on calorie counters, food indexes, and other health and nutrition apps, My Nutrition allows you to do everything in one easy to use application. With 8000+ indexed foods directly from the USDA, My Nutrition is the most complete, most comprehensive Nutritional app on the market. Best of all, it’s designed with your health in mind!
- Eat This, Not That! Game -- Think you can spot the stealth health food from the gut bomb? EAT THIS, NOT THAT! THE GAME challenges your armchair nutritionist skills with hundreds of fast food face-offs.
- Hospitality iCoach -- Imagine having your own personal hospitality mentor available whenever you want. Well, now you can with Hospitality iCoach. Brought to you by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, iCoach gives you access to hundreds of quick tips related to on-the-job tasks and guest service in the hospitality industry.
- Hospitality Design -- is the premier trade magazine serving the field of hospitality design. It connects owners, operators, purchasing agents, designers, and architects involved in the design of hotels, resorts, restaurants, cruise ships, nightclubs/lounges, spas, and all other hospitality-oriented projects. HD continues its 30-plus-year mission to publish the accomplishments of various design teams that collaborate to bring the most innovative examples of new construction and renovation to the industry.
- Concierge To Go -- Welcome to Concierge To Go for iPad!! When you stay at one of our participating hotels, you now have a full-time personal, digital concierge to assist you 24/7. Enter your hotel code and ring the bell to meet your hotel’s unique concierge.
- Restaurant Mania Game -- Design your own restaurant, hire staffs, cook and serve dishes!
- Restaurant Story Game -- Design your own dream restaurant to show off to your friends. Don't forget to make sure your customers are happy and well-fed by choosing stunning decoration and tasty new dishes! New content will be released EVERY WEEK so the game continually gets even better.
- Tipulator (Tip Calculator) -- Tipulator allows you to: Easily split the check among friends and colleagues; Choose from various rounding options; Calculate tips excluding sales tax; and Use the palindrome feature to prevent frauds.
Travel & Tourism Apps:
- KAYAK Flight, Hotel Search -- Compare flight, hotel and car rental deals; track your flight status; view and manage your trip itinerary; look up baggage fees; and access airline numbers and airport info.
- JetSetter -- Jetsetter provides insider access to the world's greatest hotels, vacation homes and tour packages. With Jetsetter’s app you can enjoy panoramic photography, first-hand reviews, and access Jetsetter's exclusive flash sales — up to 50% off daily.
- LivingSocial -- Want to save 50%-90% at restaurants, spas, gyms, and more? Download our free iPhone / iPad app to access LivingSocial's daily deals. Each day, we'll introduce you to a new, cool thing to do in your city -- and give you a HUGE discount while we're at it. Always traveling? With our app, you'll see every deal we're running in every city. Call us your United States of Savings.
- TripAdvisor -- Plan and have the perfect trip with access to real traveler reviews, opinions, photos, maps, and forums that can answer even the most specific questions when you’re on the go. TripAdvisor is the world’s most trusted travel site with over 50 million reviews and opinions by travelers like you.
- Travel + Leisure -- the world’s leading travel magazine, puts easy trip ideas, itineraries, and insider information on where to stay, what to eat, and what to do around the globe right at your fingertips. Get advice from our travel experts, plus bonus galleries and slideshows of the magazine’s award-winning photography, and exclusive video from top creative minds. Packed with interactive maps and weather, trip tips, plus booking and buying links, TRAVEL + LEISURE for iPad has the tools you need to take you where you want to go.
- Transportation Security Administration -- provides real-time operating status for U.S. airports from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA); a tool to find out if an item is allowed in your carry-on or checked baggage; information on ID requirements, liquids rules, and tips for packing and dressing to speed through security.
- Travel Channel Layover Guide -- Explore great places to eat, drink and stay in exciting cities around the world – and even create your own Tony Bourdain-style layover. Five stars to dive bars: they’re all in Travel Channel Layover Guide.
- Booking.com Hotel Reservations -- The Booking.com app offers a quick, easy and secure way to find and book hotels on your iPhone and iPad.
- Word Lens -- See the world in your language: instantly translate printed words using your built-in video camera, in real time! (PLEASE NOTE: language packs must be purchased separately from within the app.)
- Yelp -- Looking for a burrito joint open now? An Irish pub nearby? A gas station you can drive to before your tank hits empty? Yelp for your iPhone or iPad is here to help. Use us to search for places to eat, shop, drink, relax and play then read reviews from an active community of locals in the know.
- TourWrist -- With TourWrist®, iOS devices become portals. So when you point your device up, you’ll truly appreciate a new property’s grand staircase. Turning around will give you the full stadium seating experience. And looking down will reveal just how much leg space a vehicle has to offer. You can also view "tours" through our intuitive, touch-based controls. Check out travel destinations one minute, hotels and restaurants the next, or even look inside new homes. With powerful creation, editing, search, sort and sharing tools, TourWrist® gives you the power to travel, remotely.
- Triposo -- One
travel guide for the whole world. It's free and works offline.
Triposo offers you the best travel guide for your phone. Complete and up to date information from the best open sources and handy maps. Download city or country guides and use them offline while you travel. They are all free.
- TripIt -- Get peace of mind while traveling, by having all your plans in one place. No more frantic searching for confirmation emails in your inbox - or worse yet - hunting down that pesky manila folder. TripIt is an easier way to organize and share travel. TripIt “automagically” takes all your trip details and creates one truly helpful itinerary that’s there when and where you need it – on your iPhone or iPad, sync'd with your calendar, and online at tripit.com. When you receive a confirmation email from anywhere you book, simply forward it to email@example.com. TripIt instantly recognizes reservations from 3,000+ booking sites including cruises, restaurants, concerts and more. You can easily share trip plans with family or colleagues directly, or let Facebook and LinkedIn contacts know when and where you’re headed.
- WorldMate -- automatically organizes your trip, gives real time flight alerts and many other incredible travel services.
- GoVenture LANGUAGEme -- The SUPER-FAST way to learn and speak a new language. Perfect for travel, business, or fun. No grammar or sentences to slow you down. Just pictures, words, and sounds that help you learn quickly.
- MapSphere GPS Logger -- With MapSphere GPS Logger you can easily record a GPS track of your journey on your iPad. Application runs in background and collects location data. At the end of your trip you can upload GPS track to the MapSphere Online site. If you love traveling, visit interesting places and want to keep all details about your trip, you are welcome to MapSphere. Register on our site http://online.mapsphere.com/ and create your own trips (a description of your journey) with GPS track and photos. MapSphere GPS Logger helps you to obtain GPS track with no problems. Just turn on recording, go traveling, and send data to your trip after returning. With GPS track you can geo-tag your photos to get an excellent trip: photo locations will be displayed on map. Then you can view your trips and show them to your friends on your iPad using our application MapSphere Trip & Photo Viewer.