- Please check the ILC Calendar for availability.
- Reading Teachers are scheduled to bring classes every two weeks.
- Other teachers can schedule their classes on open days.
- In some cases, two classes can be scheduled at the same time. Please check with the Librarian if there is an absolute need to come on a booked date.
- For research activities, please meet with the library media specialist for necessary planning.
- It is crucial to notify the Librarian when canceling so other classes can be scheduled.
- Annual checkout: Laptops, keyboards, numeric keypads, laptop microphones, pen drives, wireless tablets (Interwrite, CPS Chalkboard, & Bluetooth), multimedia projector remotes, document cameras, carts, CD/cassette players, and calculators.
- Short-term checkout (please reserve in advance): digital cameras and video cameras.
- COW (Computers on Wheels): Two laptop carts are available for daily checkout. To reserve a COW, please submit the Equipment Reservation Form at least 2 days in advance.
- iCart: A cart of 30 iPads is available for daily checkout. To reserve the iCart, please submit the Equipment Reservation Form at least 2 days in advance.
- Stolen or Recovered Equipment: Please submit a Stolen/Recovered Control Form for Technology Items immediately.
- DVDs available for all subjects and CDs available for many class sets.
- To show any library, rented, or personal video to your students, a Documentation of Film Usage in the Classroom form must be submitted. PG videos are allowed with parent permission. (See sample Film Participation Permission Slip.) PG-13 and R videos are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Discovery Education Streaming programs can be downloaded anytime. If you have not already created a user account, please ask the library media specialist for the passcode.
- If you would like to recommend videos for our collection, please submit a Video Recommendation Form.
Books & Magazines
- Various teaching guides are available in the professional collection.
- Instructor Magazine features innovative strategies across the curriculum.
- Discarded magazines, catalogs, and books are available throughout the year.
- Website: Every teacher should maintain a class and/or activity webpage on the Vernon Schoolwires website. For webpage help, read the Schoolwires Training Resources or ask the library media specialist.
- Educational Networking: Any teacher who would like to use social media (Edmodo, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, wikis, etc.) in the classroom needs to read the Administrative Guidelines for Educational Networking and submit the Educational Networking Authorization Form Ms. Gutierrez for approval.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): Our campus is a BYOD Campus, which allows students to use personal devices in the classroom at the teacher's discretion. Please go over the BYOD Guidelines with your students and use the Power Up and Device Down signs in your classroom.