· We have 5 digital Classrooms on our campus, which include a music, kinder, 3rd grade, 4th grade and a 5th grade classroom along with a digital ILC. Digital Classrooms offer students the opportunity to learn in technology-rich environments with devices and applications. Our campus strives to make learning fun and creative.
· Our campus has a nationally ranked chess team, which is composed of kinder through fifth grade students. Students practice weekly to remain at the top of their categories. This past year they competed at Chess Nationals and in the K-3 under 800 division Dishman they placed 25th. In the K-5 under 900 division Dishman placed 42nd and in the K-1 Championship division they placed 28th.
· Our campus was awarded the Lowe's Toolbox for Education grant in order to create an outdoor nature garden that will also have a seating area. This nature garden will have a dual purpose and will also serve as an outdoor classroom. Our intent is to take learning outdoors and to make learning fun and exciting by providing students with a different avenue to learn. This project is currently underway and will be revealed this school year.
· Our campus hosts an annual College and Career fair. It is never too early to plan for the future and we feel that it is critical to educate and have students at the elementary level begin to think about college and/or a career. We invite many representatives from our local business community to speak to our students.
· Dishman teachers and staff have committed themselves to excellence via hard work, dedication and passion. Everything that we do is based on the premise of what is in the best interest of our students. Dishman Elementary met the 2014 State of Texas Accountability Standards and received four distinctions. Distinctions awarded were Academic Achievement in Reading/ELA, Top 25% Student Progress, Top 25% Percent Closing Performance Gaps and Postsecondary Readiness.