• Community Resources for Parents & Students 


    Al-Anon & Alateen Family Groups-www.rgvaa.net


    Alcohol and Drug Treatment Associates-956-686-7290


    Alcoholics Anonymous-956-428-9561


    American Council of Alcoholism-1-800-527-5344


    Amistad (Residential Drug Rehab. Program)-956-423-7909


    Buckner Children and Family Services-956-423-7909


    Catholic Social Services-956-702-4088


    Child Protective Services-1-800-252-5400


    Communities in Schools (Cameron County)-956-554-7954


    Community Council ofRGV, Inc.-956-447-4636 or 211
       (provide info. and references for health & human services)

    Family Counseling Services-www.hopefamilyhealthcenter.org


    Family Crisis Center-956-423-9304


    Food Bank of the RGV, INC-956-682-8101


    Heckman Alcohol and Drug Counseling-956-683-1117


    Horizon Youth Services Center-956-428-1453


    Job Corps-956-423-9266


    Literacy Center of Harlingen-956-428-8883


    Loaves & Fishes-956-423-1444


    Medicaid (Texas Health & Human Services Help Line)-1-800-252-8263


    Mothers Against Drunk Drivers-1-800-438-6233


    Mujeres Unidas (Women Together)-1-800-799-SAFE or 956-630-4878


    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline-1-800-273-TALK (8255)


    National Youth Crisis Hotline-1-800-448-4663


    Office of the Attorney General (Local Office)-1-800-687-8213


    Palmer Drug Abuse Program
    (Brownsville or McAllen)-956-544-3333 or 956-687-7714


    Proyecto Libertad-956-425-9552


    Recovery Center of Cameron County-956-428-7800


    RGV Midway House Inc.-956-423-0118


    Ronald McDonald House-956-412-7200


    South Texas Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse-956-487-6300


    Su Clinica Familiar-956-365-6000


    Texas Abuse Hotline-1-800-252-5400


    Texas Attorney General to Office of Attorney General-1-800-252-8011


    Texas Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse-1-800-832-9623


    Texas Department of Aging & Disability Services
    Consumer Rights & Services Hot Line-800-458-9858


    Texas Health & Human Services Commission (Harlingen)-956-423-3100


    Texas Parent to Parent-1-866-896-6001
    (support for families of children with disabilities, chronic illness or other special needs)


    Texas Runaway Hotline-1-888-580-HELP (4357)


    Texas Rural Legal Aid, Inc. to Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid-956-423-3111


    Texas Youth Hotline-1-800-210-2278


    Tropical Texas-956-383-0121


    Tropical Texas Behavioral Health-Hgn Children's Mental Health-428-5406


    Tropical Texas Ctr. for Mental Health & Mental Retardation-423-8094


    United Way-956-423-5954


    Victory Outreach-956-246-0601


    Workforce Solutions Cameron-http://wfscameron.org/-956-548-6700


    Workforce Solutions, Inc.-www.wfsolutions.com-956-423-5954