Dr. Abraham P. Cano Freshman Academy
Discover Your Passion!
Dr. Abraham P. Cano Freshman Academy is a world-class learning organization
with autonomous learners, teachers/staff as mentors, and administrators as coaches, where
students develop a collaborative nature, the knowledge, skills,and learning ethics to
prepare them for a successful future in the 21st century.
Dr. Abraham P. Cano Freshman Academy provides choices for all students in
their educational pathways; cultivates college, career and workforce readiness while
endowing students to pursue a meaningful and enduring life as they discover
their passion.Campus Goals:
- Maintain a safe and secure learning environment for all students, teachers, and staff.
- Embrace and support meaningful involvement of our parents and the entire community in the education of our students.
- Employ highly effective and qualified teachers, administrators and staff who are committed to achieving the mission of our campus and HCISD.
- Create a learning organization that ensures high quality, vigorous instruction utilizing project-based learning with the infusion of technology, resulting in relevant academic knowledge and skills for all students.
- Inspire students to pursue their passion into post-secondary education as lifelong learners.
At Dr. Abraham P. Cano Freshman Academy, We Believe:
· Students are our #1 Priority & Focus!
· ALL of our students can learn and be successful through relevant, vigorous, and engaged learning.
· We are UNITED in the same purpose as we quest for student success! One community,one school one goal—Student Success!
· Project Based Learning prepares our students with the necessary 21st century career and workforce skills needed for their future successes.
· Technology implementation facilitates powerful lesson designs and further prepares our students for the 21st century workforce.
· Doing our BEST each and every day creates a successful learning organization.