SAC provides individual and group counseling for academic as well as social needs. Social skills are taught in the classroom. Counseling classes focus on the following:
Counseling aims to modify behaviors by teaching positive alternatives to practices that have traditionally yielded negative results.
SAC utilizes an extensive referral system to meet individual needs. We also work with Buckner Family and Youth Services for Violence and Family Conflict, The Texas Department of Human Services, Texas Department of Health, Tropical Texas Mental Health and Mental Retardation, Seaborne Challenge Program, and Gary Job Corps. When in session, students are also referred to Cameron Works Summer Programs.
It is the counseling department's mission to support the academic and drill instruction teams by providing immediate assistance and crisis intervention. By doing so, we are also serving the needs of students and their families.
Glenda L. Ramirez
1. Coordinates Academic program.
2. Provides group and individual counseling.
3. Provides academic and disciplinary support to classrooms.
4. Facilitator for anger management course.
Luis V. Rodriguez
1. Makes home visits.
2. Counsels with students.
3. Coordinates student collegiate intern programs
4. Works with social service agencies.
1. Works with all seven secondary campuses to coordinate assignments and paperwork on long and short term students.
2. Makes home visits.
3. Incentive PT (physical training) support to academic and drill instruction classrooms.