The Lee Means Fine Arts application must be submitted electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Submission of documents does not guarantee acceptance.
You may submit your application and it will be reviewed immediately. All applicants will be notified of status within 10 business days of the submission of the application.
Application Process and Instructions
If your child will be entering as a PreK student, they must either meet the eligiblity requirements listed below or particpate in the tuition-based enrollment. Qualifying criteria for PreK are as follows:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
•Step 1 - Visit the Lee H. Means Elementary website at https://www.hcisd.org/means
•Step 2 - Click on Fine Arts Academy Information
•Step 3 - Once you click on the link, you will see the Pk-5 application.
•Step 4 - Complete the application
“Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, disability, or any other legally protected status in employment or provision of services, programs, or activities.” "El distrito escolar de Harlingen no discrimina en base a raza, color, origen de nacionalidad, edad, religión, sexo, discapacidad, o cualquier otro estado legalmente protegido en el empleo o en la prestación de servicios, programas o actividades."