4-21-2020 - A Message from Superintendent Dr. Art Cavazos for the Class of 2020
Class of 2020 Graduation Commencement Ceremony
Due to school closure during the COVID-19 pandemic, Harlingen CISD will be hosting virtual graduation ceremonies in lieu of traditional graduation ceremonies during the month of May. Below are the dates and times for the virtual ceremonies:
- Early College High School - Thursday, May 21, at 6:30 p.m.
- Harlingen High School South – Friday, May 22, at 7:30 p.m.
- Harlingen School of Health Professions – Saturday, May 23, at 12:00 p.m.
- Harlingen High School – Saturday, May 23 at 7:30 p.m.
The pre-recorded virtual graduation ceremonies will be broadcast via YouTube and Facebook.
In addition, to the virtual graduation ceremonies, Harlingen CISD has selected the following alternate dates and times for traditional graduation ceremonies:
- Early College High School – Thursday, July 16, at 6:30 p.m. at the Performing Arts Center
- Harlingen High School South – Friday, July 17, at 8:00 p.m. at Boggus Stadium
- Harlingen School of Health Professions – Saturday, July 18, at 12:00 p.m. at the Performing Arts Center
- Harlingen High School – Saturday, July 18, at 8:00 p.m. at Boggus Stadium
Students, as part of the virtual graduation ceremony, we are requesting that you please submit only one of the following pictures that will be shared, along with your yearbook photo, during the virtual ceremony:
1. Cap and Gown Photo- The photo must be taken in a respectable manner that is free of distractions in the background and with appropriate lighting. It is best if the photo is taken outside or in a well-lit room next to a window. When emailing photo, please ensure it is “actual size” and not compressed. Only the graduate is allowed in the photo.
2. Baby Picture - The baby picture may be sent as a photo from your cellphone or it may be scanned. Please ensure that it is “actual size” and not compressed.
3. Personal Senior Portrait – The photo must be taken in a respectable manner that is free of distractions in the background and with appropriate lighting. It is best if the photo is taken outside or in a well-lit room next to a window. When emailing photo, please ensure it is “actual size” and not compressed. Only the graduate is allowed in the photo.
All photos will be reviewed and approved by the campus.
Should you have any questions about photo submission you may contact the campus or send an email to the address provided.
Please email the photos to the appropriate email address below:
Harlingen High School – firstname.lastname@example.org
Harlingen High School South – email@example.com
Early College High School – firstname.lastname@example.org
Harlingen School of Health Professions – email@example.com
4-17-2020 - School Closure Notice
The Texas Education Agency realizes this was a difficult decision to make and emphasizes that it is the right decision to protect our families and communities. HCISD remains committed to working closely with TEA to ensure we continue our Good to Go meals and our School@Home program for the remainder of the academic year. Together, we will get through this unprecedented time, and we look forward to the day we are united once again!
Esta tarde, el gobernador de Texas Greg Abbott emitió una orden ejecutiva exigiendo que todas las escuelas permanezcan cerradas para los estudiantes durante el resto del año escolar 2019-20. En consecuencia, Harlingen CISD permanecerá cerrado en cumplimiento de esta orden ejecutiva.
La Agencia de Educación de Texas (TEA) reconoce que esta fue una decisión difícil de tomar y enfatiza que es la decisión correcta para proteger a nuestras familias y comunidades. HCISD mantiene su compromiso de trabajar estrechamente con TEA para garantizar que continuemos entregando nuestras comidas Good to Go y nuestro programa School@Home durante el resto del año escolar. ¡Juntos, superaremos este momento sin precedentes y esperamos ansiosamente el día en que estemos unidos una vez más!
4-3-2020 - Harlingen COVID-19 Video Message
4-1-2020 - A video message from the superintendent
3-25-2020 - Superintendent Dr. Art Cavazos Message
3-24-2020 - Health Letter to Parents
3-24-2020 - Health Letter to Staff
3-20-2020 - Superintendent Video to Staff
3-20-2020 - Board Resolution
3-20-2020 - Response Level Notice 3
3-20-2020 - Health Letter to Parents
3-19-2020 - Tech Survey to Parents
3-19-2020 - Response Level Notice 2
3-19-2020 - Health Letter to Staff
3-13-2020 - Response Level Notice 1
3-13-2020 - Health Letter to Staff
3-12-2020 - Health & Travel Update
Harlingen CISD is closely monitoring reports and information shared by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention about COVID 19. Effective immediately, in an abundance of caution, Harlingen CISD is canceling all school-sponsored out of state travel for the remainder of the school year. Additionally, we are suspending school-sponsored travel outside of the Rio Grande Valley until further notice. We want to thank our HCISD community for your support and understanding as we work together to keep our HCISD families safe.
Harlingen CISD está monitoreando de cerca los informes y la información compartida por el Centro para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades sobre el COVID 19. A partir de este momento y con mucha precaución, Harlingen CISD cancelará todos los viajes fuera del estado patrocinados por la escuela por el resto del año escolar. Además, estamos suspendiendo los viajes patrocinados por la escuela fuera del Valle del Río Grande hasta nuevo aviso. Queremos agradecer el apoyo y comprensión a nuestra comunidad HCISD mientras trabajamos juntos para mantener seguras a nuestras familias HCISD.
3-3-2020 - Health Letter to Parents and Staff